DINING AT THE GEORGE HOTEL
Explore the authentic, historical surroundings whilst enjoying a large and varied menu
offering traditional and delicious cuisine.
OUTDOOR FACILITIES AVAILABLE
We are pleased to welcome all visitors to enjoy our delicious menu within our
newly developed outdoor facilities.
THIS FATHERS DAY
Join us this Father's Day for a delicious dining experience within our historical restaurant,
and enjoy a hearty roast lunch or why not try our outstanding Gin and Lime Salmon with a complimentary beer!
At home with Kyle, here at The George Hotel
ROMANTIC CHAMPAGNE & RASPBERRY POSSETS
• 140g frozen raspberries , defrosted
• 2 tbsp champagne -Why not treat yourself to a glass with the remaining bottle!
• 200ml double cream
• 4 tbsp golden caster sugar
• 2 tsp freeze-dried raspberry pieces
1. Place the raspberries and champagne in a mini food processor or blender (you can also use a jug / a hand blender).
2. Whizz until the purée is as smooth as you can get it,
then use a wooden spoon or spatula to push as much of pulp through a sieve as you can.
3. Discard the seeds left behind.
4. Add the cream and sugar to a saucepan and warm gently until the sugar melts.
5. Increase the heat until just boiling, then boil vigorously for
2 1/2 mins, stirring constantly.
6. Turn off the heat and stir in the raspberry champagne purée.
7. Cool for 15 mins before dividing between 2 small pots or glasses.
8. Chill for 30 mins, then sprinkle over the freeze-dried raspberry pieces and chill for at least 2 hrs more until set
(or overnight if you’re making ahead).